The ASCCA is a habitat conservation area protected under the Alberta Wildlife Act, and not a park. Our priority is conserving habitat for native wildlife.
A series of guidelines were agreed upon when the Ann & Sandy Cross Conservation Area was established. To use the Area, you must agree to the following guidelines.
- Everyone who uses the area must register at our kiosk.
- Vehicles parked in our visitor lot are required to pay a $10 parking fee or display an annual pass.
- Groups of 10 or more must book their hike in advance online.
- The ASCCA is closed between 11 p.m. and 4 a.m.
- Horses, dogs or other pets are not allowed on site.
- The operation of drones is prohibited.
- Cars, bicycles, and other vehicles are not allowed.
- Access the ASCCA from the lower parking lot only.
- Camping, fires and smoking are not allowed.
- Hunting and discharging firearms are prohibited.
- Snowshoeing is allowed, however, cross-country skiing is not permitted.
- There are no garbage cans on the trails. Please pack out what you pack in.
- Stay on the trails and keep a respectful distance from the wildlife.
- Be respectful towards other hikers, ASCCA staff and volunteers. We reserve the right to ask rude or disruptive visitors to leave.
- Leave everything in its place. Do not disturb plants or remove anything in nature.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email us at [email protected] or call us at 403.931.1042. Please note that we will not send a confirmation of your booking unless the group is 15 or more. We will only notify you if there is a problem with your chosen visit date. If you have any questions or concerns about your booking please call 403.931.1042.